Tourism Destination Competitiveness – Current Challenges and Future Perspectives
About the Conference
The Seventh International Scientific Conference in the field of Tourism and Hospitality SITCON 2022 (Singidunum International Tourism Conference) will be held at Singidunum University in Belgrade on October 7th, 2022.
The main topic of this year’s conference is:
Tourism destination competitiveness – Current challenges and future perspectives
SITCON 2022 conference will be held for the seventh time to provide a continuous contribution to the development of scientific aspirations in tourism, especially in Serbia, relying on the experience and scientific contribution to the realisation of the previous five conferences (SITCON 2015, SITCON 2016, SITCON 2017, SITCON 2018, SITCON 2020 and SITCON 2021).
The SITCON 2022 conference aims to contribute substantially to the field of management and marketing concerning the competitiveness of tourism destinations worldwide. The aim of SITCON 2022 is to make a significant contribution to disseminating the foundation for a better understanding of the fundamental elements of the idea of tourism destination competitiveness. In this context, it is necessary to research and measure vital competitiveness indicators that directly impact the tourism and hospitality sectors. The relevance of the scientific conference derives from the importance of all major factors of a tourist destination’s competitiveness, both in the tourism industry and public sectors, particularly in the pursuit of long-term tourism growth. This impacts the public’s understanding of tourism’s critical role in socio-economic growth, as well as its economic, social, cultural, and political aspects.
The conference provides an ideal platform for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of best practices among the scientists and experts from various fields (travel agencies, tour operators, hotel enterprises and other segments of accommodation offer, transportation companies, and companies related to other complementary activities, as well as representatives of tourism organisations and the public sector) concerning the SITCON 2022 topics.
Due to the epidemiological situation in the World, the Conference will be held as a hybrid event emphasising the “virtual” online component. All registered participants will be notified in time about the way of the conference realisation.
We kindly invite you to participate in the conference and submit your scientific papers and research findings on the main topic and subtopics of the SITCON 2022 conference.
The official language of the conference is English.
All accepted manuscripts will be published in the Conference Proceedings. The most innovative papers presented at SITCON 2022 conference will be recommended for publication in the European Journal of Applied Economics.
- Competitiveness of a tourism destination
- Factors and indicators of a tourism destination competitiveness
- Competitiveness of countries as tourism destinations
- Tourism destination management
- Management in tourism and hospitality
- Marketing in tourism and hospitality
- Sustainable tourism development
- Sustainable competitiveness of a tourism destination
- Tourist infrastructure and superstructure
- Regulatory frameworks for business and tourism development
- Public-private partnership in tourism
- Management of natural resources in tourism
- Management of cultural resources in tourism
- Human resource management in tourism
- Quality of services in tourism and hospitality
- Financial aspects of business in tourism
- Innovations in tourism
- Information technology as a competitiveness factor of a tourism destination
- Safety and security as a competitiveness factor of a factor tourism destination
- Tourism destination competitiveness in the post-COVID-19 period
- July 4th, 2022 – Deadline for Abstract Submission
- September 5th, 2022 – Deadline for Extended Abstract Submission
- September 19th, 2022 – Notification of Extended Abstract Acceptance
- October 7th, 2022 – Conference Date
- October 28th, 2022 – Deadline for Full Paper Submission
Authors can present their research results at the conference if they send an extended abstract by September 5th, 2022, and receive a positive review. If the authors feel the need, they can submit a full paper for review until the defined date for submitting an extended abstract.
Registration fee is obligatory for all authors presenting at the Conference. Presentation at the conference and publication of the manuscripts in the Conference Proceedings are charged to the authors in the amount of 30 €. Payment instructions will be sent to Registered Authors upon acceptance of the manuscript for presentation at the Conference.
The registration fee is to be paid per paper regardless of the number of authors. One person can participate as the author or co-author with a maximum of three papers.